Friday, January 6, 2012

My Own Business

Contribution by Stevie Kirby Starting my own business was at the same time frightening and exhilarating – I was finally doing it! People had been telling me since high school that I was amazing at make up but I never thought I could make a career out of it. But when my dad gave me a sizeable gift after I graduated from college I decided to make a business for myself and that’s how my makeup studio got started. I went to www.bank-card-processing.com to look into taking credit cards and I talked to a small business advisor about what I needed to do. It’s been so much fun getting this off the ground and I love how much control I have over the whole thing – every single decision is up to me! It is kind of nerve-racking to have all the pressure on me but you know, that kind of pressure is good sometimes because it forces you to really act quickly. I love that there are so many ways to be a part of something bigger and this is it! Back to top

0 comments: